Dear all patients, we are in the process of transfering our phones lines to a new provider in order to improve our service to you. We are experiencing some intermitant issues with this during the transition period. We are working to have this resolved asap. In the mean time if you have any problems contacting us via phones please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Inspired to see Dr Alex Adams and all the dentists who went out to Tanzania this year to help Bridge2Aid in their mission to ….. Back home in London, we wanted to do our part.
Bridge2Aid are a charity and rely on donations, and not better time like right now as they currently need to raise £50,000 before end of this month!
There’s been lots of amazing support all across the dental industry and they are really close to hitting their goal, so we thought, how could we at Adams Dental help?
We got together and our team have decided to volunteer their time and skills to open up our clinic on two extra Saturdays this month, during which 100% of everything we own will be donated to Bridge2Aid!
If you’re a new or existing patient you can book an appointment for this clinic by clicking here.
We’re also asking all the friends and family of Adams Dental to help us by making donations, it’s your chance to make a real difference and to help support this great charity.
How to donate
1. text SELP99 £amount to 70070
2. Donate via our just giving page https://www.justgiving.com/DRRA
Please click the link below to download the Invisaling finance calculator
Here is how the day started!!……..Lots of snow at our north london dental practice in southgate.
When its a family business, there is never a day off!!…all hands on deck! This is our amazing practice manageress Margaret and my brother Andrew clearing the drives ready for our patients tomorrow! 🙂
Tomorrow will be business as usual 🙂
We are now taking new children patients on at our north london dental practice for FREE DENTAL care under the NHS. Space are very limited and is on a first come first serve basis so please act fast to avoid disappointment!
Book your place TODAY Call us NOW on 0844 375 6100
or email us at email@example.com
- Trusted to care for families in our community for over 30 years!
- Meet our friendly, welcoming, family run team for yourself
- Get the best advice on how to care for your childrens teeth
- Family appointments available!
“We’ve always believed that ALL children should have access to the very best health care possible, thats why we’ve continued to offer FREE dental traetment for children under the NHS for over 30 years”
Dr A Adams
Your childs first visit
A childs first visits to the dentist are very important, perhaps the most important visits of their life as it can set the tone for how they view dental treatment for the rest of their lives! Will they become phobic or scared of the dentist so that they begin to avoid going and neglect their teeth leading to problems as an adult, or will they be regular attenders who enjoy their routine dental care visits, look after their teeth and have much fewer dental problems and treatments as they grow up?! This is why our first introduction visit is so important!
As well as what you’d expect during your childs visit to the dentist we offer the following as standard
- Tell, show do – we’ll intoduce your child to the dental surgery – it can be an unsual and intimidating enviroment for children, especially on their first visit, we’ll take our time to make sure they feel at ease and are comfortable to sit on the chair. We use ‘show, tell, do’ approach with our children patients (as well as our adult ones infact!), here we’ll tell them what we are going to do, we’ll the show them the instruments (dental mirror) we are going to use and make sure they are happy for us to use them to look at their teeth, and then we’ll do it.
- Home care advice – we’ll also dicsuss with you the best and most appropriate way to care for your childrens teeth.
- How many teeth do you have?! – we’ll check that your childs teeth are developing as they should be.
- What about braces ? we’ll give you unbias advice on need for orthodontic treatment now or in the future.
Space are very limited and is on a first come first serve basis so please act fast to avoid disappointment!If you have any questions or would like to speak to one of our staff about registering yourself, a family member or if you just have a question please feel free to contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling us on 0844 375 6100. We are always happy to help and look forward to hearing from you.
Click HERE to arrange your appointment or to find out more.
Dr Ricky Adams B.D.S.
As a cosmetically aware dental practice in London, we have been whitening teeth for many years, we’ve literally travelled the world to look at all the different systems available, to find which are the safest and the best, and to bring them back to our practice in Southgate, north london.
In this series of blog posts we will be looking at the best ways of whitening your teeth, the different ways you can whiten your teeth, insturctions for how to whiten your teeth, what your other treatment options are as well as looking at more complicated teeth whitening cases.
There are 2 main ways to whiten your teeth. Either using a home whitening kit (professional kit supplied by your dentist or any of the many products found online or elsewhere!) or an in’surgery whitening also known as ‘power whitening’ or ‘laser whitening’. Now, one thing I tell ALL my patients, if you want the BEST results, QUICKEST, you should do a combination of the home and In-surgery whitening.
Home Teeth Whitening
The method that we (and most dentists) use for home whitening, is using ‘bleaching trays’ (see image 1). These are thin pastic trays which are made by taking impressions of your teeth, from this we can make your bleaching trays so that they are customised to you and very close fitting to the gums and teeth to prevent any gels from escaping! This is a big difference between trays your dentist will make, and those DIY trays you can buy over the interenet, these trays will be ‘best fit’ and will often have gaps and voids in them, allowing gels to escape, which not only makes the whitening not as affective, but also means gel (basically a bleach) may leak into the mouth, or even be swallowed, which can become dangerous!!
Patients using a home kit on its own, on average will use the kit every day/night consecutively (if possible) for around 2-3 weeks, unless combining this with in surgery in which case only 4-5 days of the home kit is normally needed (see cobination whtiening section below).
We provide our patients with an options of gels to use, either our day gels which breakdown quicker and can be used during the day (for 30mins- 1hr), or night gels which break down more gradually and can be used over night (4-6hours). With both of these options our patients also have a choice of higher or lower concentration depending on weather we think they may have sensitivity.
One of the great things with having the home kit, is that you will be able to keep your new smile white for life! Patients can simply ‘top-up’ whenever needed in the future, your trays should fit you for life (unless your teeth move), and gels can be purcahsed seperately from our reception.
In- Surgery Teeth whitening
One of the most pooular ways of whitening your teeth now days is in-surgery whitening, also know as ‘power’, ‘laser’ or ‘in-office’ whitening. We do hundreds of in-surgery whitenings and have been doind so for many years, finding it a safe, simple and effective way of whitening teeth.
“I’ve had my own teeth whitened & I’ve whitened my own families teeth, thats how confident I am that its a safe and great prouct to use!” Dr R Adams
In-surgery whitening, works in the same manner as the home whitening in that we use a bleaching gel to whiten the teeth (this is a much higher concnetration that those given to patietns for home use), as well as using an ‘accelerator’, this is normally in the form of either a light/laser/heatsource. Much of the marketing and promotion around these different accelerators are advertising gimiks, basically, they all give off heat which speeds up the reaction (basic chemistry 101)!
The treatment is quite straight forward, patients will come in, after explaining the procedure to them, we will spend the first 10-15 minutes ‘isolating the soft tissues’ (see image 2) this means protecting all the gums, cheeks, tongue (and anything else not teeth!), once all this is in place, the bleach and the accelorator is applied and left for between 15-30 minutes (depending on the case), this is then removed and reapplied 2-3 times during your session. At the end of the treatment all the gels and products are removed and thats it !
As the whole treatment can take an hour or so, we provide many options for patient entertainment, from wireless headphones with hypnosis relaxation tracks, dvd glasses, tv or dvd’s to watch or a selection of magazines. Patients are also welcome to bring their own laptop to work on, or ipods/mp3 if they would prefer to listen to their own tracks. Image 3 shows one of my patients having their teeth whitening whilst watching a film using our wireless headphones!!
5 Tips to get the best results from teeth whitening
- Use a combined option of home & In-surgery, not only will this give you the best and quickest results, it will also allow you to maintain this colour for life!
- Have your teeth professionally cleaned by a hygienist or dentist before your whitening. Even with the best whitening in the world, visible plaque and tartar will spoilyour new white smile, your dentist/hygienist will be able to remove this for you, having this done before teeth whitening will allow the underlying tooth to be whitened as well.
- Be smart about sensitivity! – Sensitivity is a normal side affect of teeth whitening, in 90%of cases it is very mild and requires little or no management, it is always temporary and usually fades within 2 weeks of stopping the whitening. If you are concenred about sensitivity or know you have sensitive teeth, you should discuss this with your dentist before hand and they should be able to provide you solutions. WY10 the whitening system we use, has the lowest sensitivity we have ever found, in addition to this, we provide our patients desensitizing toothpastes and gels if needed.
- Follow up – make sure to follow the schedule recommended by your dentist, often, even if we are really happy with the result following an in-surgery session, we will recommend the patient to follow up with a couple of days with the home kit. This is to help minimise any ‘fade back’ where the teeth get less white the week following an in surgery whitening as they rehydrate.
- Don’t be a stranger !! The best way to keep your stunning new smile, as well as using your home kit, is to visit your dentist/hygienist regularrly for professional cleaning. This will help to remove surface staining before it has the opportunity to penetrate deeper into the tooth making it appearing yellow
To find out more about our teeth whitening at Adams Dental, our to book your free consutlation, please visit us at https://www.adamsdental.co.uk/teeth-whitening-southgate-london-n14.html