If you need to cancel or re-arrange an appointment, please give us at least 48 hours notice so we can allot the time to someone else.
In case of emergency during practice hours, please contact us immediately, we always try to offer emergency treatment on the same day. Outside practice hours, please listen to the message on our telephone answering machine.
If you have chipped or broken a tooth as a result of an accident or injury, it is very important that you see a dentist as soon as possible. The same goes for one or more knocked out teeth. The sooner you are seen by a dental professional the better the chances that the teeth could be re-implanted, depending on the severity of your injury. Here are some of the steps an emergency dental appointment will cover:
- A thorough examination of the injured area will be undertaken. This may include dental x-rays to determine the extent of the damage.
- Depending on the severity of the pain, the area will be numbed with local anaesthetic.
- The injured area will be sterilised to reduce the risk of infection.
- The damaged teeth will be restored temporarily or permanently, depending on the case.
- In severe cases the affected tooth may require extraction and implant treatment will be discussed.
If you require an emergency dentist in Southgate, you should get in contact with us as soon as possible. At our practice we offer appointments for all dental emergencies from toothache to lost or broken crowns, chipped teeth and fillings to abscesses, trauma, avulsed teeth and facial swelling. We can take care of your injuries to ensure you heal quicker and more effectively, ensuring that you avoid additional dental problems and complications in the future.
- Preservation of remaining tooth structure.
- Reduced risk of infection.
- Improved long-term oral health overall.